Welcome to my blog

I was born in Guernsey (but now live in Brittany) and our main industry was growing tomatoes although that industry has now virtually disappeared. Growing tomatoes to a Guernseyman is like wine to a Frenchman, it's in our blood! I do not profess to be an expert, but I have picked up a few tips and techniques which work for me.
PLEASE NOTE due to ill health I have not kept up with this blog, however there is still a lot of information to look at from over the past few years. I will add the odd new post but some videos are missing from old post, I will re-create these one day.


Tuesday, 10 August 2010

Videos outdoor and indoor tomatoes



August has arrived and luckily  no sign of blight so far as the weather has been kind to us, the downside has been the lack of rain. I didn't have enough water in the barrels to keep everything well watered, but most plants have survived with the intermittent showers that we have had. So, I have made a tour of some of my outdoor and indoor tomato plants and a few other crops.

I find videos are the best fun way to show you my crops, or am I just being lazy as it saves a lot of typing!

Please forgive the poor quality of the video taken with my camera.

Outdoor Tomatoes Video

video



Indoor tomatoes in the polytunnel

video



A few of my lower bunches needed a hand!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We will not post anonymous comments